Ranger Raptor, not just another truck.
Developed with Ford Performance, the first-ever Ranger Raptor is equipped with a new generation High-Performance Bi-Turbo Diesel engine to deliver excellent off-road performance combined with the new 10-Speed AutoTransmission to ensure the driver is in the right gear at the right time.
Key powertrain highlights include:
2.0L Bi-Turbo Diesel engine delivering an enormous 157kW of Power / 500Nm of torque
Ultimate combination of performance and refinement
State-of-the-art tech, highest-grade materials
Outstanding durability – 5.5million kms of rigorous Commercial Vehicle testing
Excellent fuel efficiency, low emission
Wide spread of gear ratios enable optimal power delivery / efficiency
10R8010 10-speed automatic transmission with Paddle shift
"Live in Drive" full manual mode for off-road / towing
Auto Start-Stop function
Calibrated to deliver an exhilarating driver experience and tested extensively in the harshest desert environments in both New Zealand and the USA, the Ranger Raptor chassis delivers maximum toughness and high-spec performance.
The Ranger Raptor’s chassis frame is a new unique frame that is specifically designed for the vehicle to travel at high speeds off road and endure the punishment that off road racing provides. The frame design incorporates new geometry for the large suspension, providing the Raptor DNA increased track and wheel travel. Built to withstand high-impact off-road events, Ranger Raptor’s frame consists of various grades of high-strength low-alloy (HSLA) steel. The stiffened side-rails are made from increased HSLA grade steel to absorb off-road high speed impacts.
Race-bred, Long-travel performance suspension with coil-sprung Watts Link rear-end
• 2.5” Fox® Racing Internal Bypass Shock Absorbers
• Aluminium upper and lower control arms
• Unique Terrain Management System (TMS) featuring 6x terrain modes:
• Off-road specific calibrations for engine, transmission, driveline, steering, brakes and ESC
• Unique 17” x 8.5” alloy wheels
• LT 285/70 R17 BF Goodrich High Performance All-Terrain Tyres (33” outer diameter)
• Front (332 x 32mm) and Rear (332 x 24mm) Ventilated Disc Brakes
• Unique Heavy Duty Chassis Frame
• Front and Rear Enthusiast Rated tow hooks
• Heavy duty skid plates / underbody shields
• 800mm water wading depth
• Improved approach (+3.1°), departure (+3.0°) agle vs. Ranger Wildtrak
• Wider Front and Rear Track (+150mm vs. Ranger Wildtrak)
• Increased Ride Height (now 283mm, +46mm vs. Base Ranger)
Baja mode – Vehicle responsiveness is tuned for high-speed off-road performance, just like drivers need in the famous Baja Desert Rally. In this mode, vehicle systems like traction Control are pared back in terms of intervention to allow spirited off-road driving without fighting the vehicle’s on-board systems. Gear selection is optimized for maximum performance, and the mapping will hold gears longer and downshift more aggressively.
Ranger Raptor comes with a host of cutting edge Driver Assist Technologies (DATs) at the push of a button including SYNC® 3 voice activation system and Satellite Navigation which shines when off-roading in remote areas, offering a ‘breadcrumb’ feature to leave a trail when entering unchartered areas, perfect for the serious off-roader.
Active and passive safety features like Rear View Rear view camera, Rear parking sensors, Traffic Sign Recognition, Auto Headlamps / Wipers, Auto High Beam, Electronic Stability Control (ESC),Trailer Sway Control (TSC), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Hill Descent Control (HDC), Load Adaptive Control (LAC) , Lane Departure Warning (LDW) with Lane Keep Assist (LKA) and Roll Over Mitigation (ROM).
• Smart Keyless Entry
• Push Button Start
• Cruise Control with Adjustable Speed Limiter
• Power tailgate lock
• Easy Lift Tailgate
• Unique “FORD” block letter front grille
• HID Headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lamps
• LED Front Fog Lamps
• Rear Privacy Glass
• Dual Power Folding and Heated Exterior Mirrors (with integrated signals)
• Unique Front and Rear Bumpers
• Heavy duty side steps
• Bed liner with integrated 12V Socket
• Integrated Tow Bar (imperial hitch) rated to 2,500kg max braked.
• Unique off-road sports front bucket seats (heated)
• Leather-accented trim with technical suede inserts
• 8-way power driver’s seat
• Unique Raptor-embossed Steering Wheel with red On-Centre Marker
• Magnesium Paddle Shifters mounted on Steering wheel
• Soft Top Instrument Panel (IP)
• Unique Blue Stitching on IP, seating, armrests and steering wheel
• Unique Raptor cluster with 4.0” screen and Trip Computer
• Active Noise Cancellation
• Dual Zone Climate Control, with Cooled Centre Console
• Electrochromatic Rear View Mirror
• 2x ISOFIX mounting points
• 230V Power Inverter
• Unique “Raptor” embroided carpet floor mats (Front and Rear)
• Unique “Raptor” key fobs
• Unique “Ford Performance” scuff plates
The Ranger Raptor will have five bold exterior colours available to choose from. The striking signature 'Blue Lightning' launch colour reiterates the 'blue blood' passion, while the 'Conquer Grey' hero colour is designed uniquely for the Ranger Raptor to emphasise both the menancing and athletic personality of the product.
To further highlight the powerful and robust nature of the vehicle, the `Dyno Grey' exterior accent paint is inspired by as cast' raw metals and high tech machinery, and is applied to all the feature parts unique to the Ranger Raptor truck (wheels, grille, bumpers, mirrors, badges and more).
Ranger Raptor comes standard with a very high specification, as such there is only one option available to select:
The Ranger Raptor 5-piece decal pack adds a unique graphic appearance to the rear three-quarters of the vehicle, covering all outer sides of the pick-up box plus the lower rear doors.